The Institute of Community Directors Australia (the Institute) is a best practice network for the members of Australian not-for-profit boards, committees and councils, and the senior staff who support them. An Our Community enterprise, the institute promotes itself as Australia’s leading provider of information, tools, training and qualifications for Australian not-for-profit boards.
Their website www.communitydirectors.com.au includes:
- Information on courses – the institute offers the Diploma of Business (Governance), as well as a range of short courses
- A wide range of tools and help sheets designed to improve Board and Board Member effectiveness
- An extensive policy bank, all of which are free for non-profit organisations to download to use to guide their own policy development
- A Board Position Matching Service designed to put potential Board Members and Boards in need of new members in touch with each other
- Insurance and Risk Management information, tools and help sheets
- Links to legal help thorough Moores NFP-Assist
- And a Directory of Auditors is coming soon to help your organisation when they need to bring in an expert for advice
The institute also puts on the annual Board Builder Conference in Melbourne, which provides a day jam packed with inspirational speakers, practical advice and great networking opportunities for all not-for-profit governors and staff.
You can download this Blog Post as a tip sheet by clicking here:Tip Sheet_ The Institute of Community Directors Australia Oct 30, 2017